Monday, July 18, 2011

From Here and There

"How much do you like yourself?", my partner in crime asked.  I love that question because if I answer correctly, it means that something special is coming out of the cellar.  "I like myself a lot", I replied and out came Saldo!

We are huge fans of Orin Swift Cellars The Prisoner - a Zinfandel blend - so when we saw Saldo for the first time, there was no hesitation to try it.  OSC Saldo is predominantly Zin  - more so than The Prisoner - sourced from some of the best vineyards in California, with a dash of Syrah and Petite Syrah thrown in for good measure.  It is a fruit-in-your-face blend; deep and dark in color with loads of dark fruit, strawberry and subtle vanilla on the palate.  The soft mouth-feel leads to a long, lingering finish of cherry and a hint of oak.

The word saldo has several meanings but in Spanish; it mainly refers to "balance on hand" or sometimes "from here and there".  And we have to agree.  It is a beautifully balanced wine from grapes from here and there.  I think we just started cheating on The Prisoner!

2 comments:

  1. I love this wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is this an awesome wine but it's several bucks cheaper thst Prisoner.

    ReplyDelete