Saturday, September 10, 2011

Calling All Wine Geeks: Riddle Me This!


Everyone has a neighborhood watering hole.  You know, the kind of place where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came  Ok, cheesy reference but if you don't have one, you should get one but please get one close to home.

Our favorite hangout is a thousand miles away and when we're in town, we show up almost every night for a nightcap.  We made our way through the throngs of people gathered near the bar for that manna of the bartenders.....The Prisoner.  Yes, I know I said that Saldo was my favorite but, if you recall, I also said I was fickle!

After our usual banter, we asked for a glass of Prisoner only to learn it was temporarily off of the wine list.  What to do, what to do?  Our favorite bartender came up with Plan B - The Riddler - from Stratton Lummis, one of three labels produced by Row Eleven Wine Company.

It was rather nice - juicy and full of ripe berries and plum with a long lingering finish....but what's in the blend?  Therein lies the riddle.  I encourage all wine geeks to grab a bottle (around $20) and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment